Wednesday, March 7, 2007

The Ups and Downs of Job Hunting

So I posted my resume out there for the recruiters to devour on Monday... My phone rings, my email dings, but I'm not hearing the kaching.

Here's just one example of what I've been dealing with:

I heard about the "perfect" position for me yesterday. It's local and I have all the skills and it happens to be in insurance and it sounds like a company I would love to work for. I'm very much showing, so I had to be up front and honest that I'll need time off in the summer. The 15 min. phone interview went great and the recruiter told me that I'm pretty much perfect for the position, with the exception of needing the time off in the summer. He said he would talk with the company and see what they say...

Well... I got a call this morning. Sorry... but they don't want someone who isn't going to be around... Am I surprised? Of course not! This is exactly what I expected to happen and why this whole situation was so devasting to begin with. I'm sure I'm going to be hearing a lot of this in the near future. All I can do is push on... sigh

1 comment:

kimbalaya said...

UGH! That just SUCKS!