Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Prayer works!

I've had a LOT of people praying for us this past week. Our biggest concern and prayer was just how we were going to get by on what we have until after the baby comes if I can't find work before hand.

Virgil had mentioned to his boss last week about what happened and that he was going to have to look for part-time work in addition to what he was doing in order to bring in some extra money to get by. Although nothing has come up in the area of part-time work, Virgil's boss talked with the owner of the company and they gave him a much overdue raise! After 7 yrs and getting his Masters in there as well, he had never received a raise and the company in general doesn't do raises. But he has truly earned it and I'm just thrilled for him.

Now, this isn't enough to get our budget out of the negative, even WITH deferring student loans and Delaney in school part-time instead of full-time, but... it does extend the life of the severance pay to the point that the money may run out, but if we live tight enough to our budget, we will get to Oct (if not further) which is the point where I would start aggressively looking for work again.

I truly believe that this is the work of prayer from so many people and our faithfulness.

I am still looking for work before the baby comes. I wouldn't want to just sit around and do nothing until Oct. There may really be something out there for me. Rather it's a full-time position where I am able to take off the time needed, or a short term contract to bring in some extra income until the baby comes. Besides, I haven't interviewed in 8 yrs and could really use the practice. I'm also spending some time studying and I'm going to do a little project to keep my skills fresh.

Life has been turned upside down, but there is light at the end of the tunnel and I'm just hoping and praying that the right job for me is out there and I can be placed in it at the right time. Rather that be sooner or later...

No comments: