Friday, April 11, 2008

3 yr old Drama Queen

How on earth did I raise such a Drama Queen... oh wait, I better not say that out loud... err... I mean "Princess!"

That girl has so much attitude, it makes the preteen girls on the Disney Channel look dull!!!

Just so you have an inkling of an idea of what I'm talking about, here is my conversation with her this morning:

(Showing her 2 pairs of panties): Delaney, which ones do you want to wear today? Elmo or Butterflies?
Delaney: I don't want those, I want Princesses.
Me: Delaney, all your Princesses are in the laundry, so you can't wear them.
Delaney: (Rolling her eyes) Then buy me more Princesses Mommy!

Example #2 - Conversation while doing her homework

Delaney: Ok, I'm done
Me: Oh, you forgot to color the letters
Delaney: I don't want to color the letters
Me: But your h/w instructions say you need to color the letters. How about if you color each one different?
Delaney: (growling) I SAAAAID I don't want to color them!
Me: Ok... then Ms. Sherida won't give you a prize for finishing your h/w
Delaney: Oh... ok, which color should I use?

Those are just from the last 24 hrs!!! What am I going to do with that girl!

3 comments:

kimbalaya said...

Ha! Sounds like my 4 1/2 Drama Que... er... Princess! Hannah is constantly telling me "we can buy some at the store!" when I tell her we don't have something she's asking for.

Tami said...

You are making me very happy that I only have boys! :) Thanks for sharing the stories!

Lisa LaJoye said...

I feel your pain Monica - we have eye rolling, sighing and wanted to constantly wear a purple shirt because any other color is too boring!! LOL